Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Latest Pride and Joy - Revised to Make Pa Happy!

Behold, the beauty that is my first window trim job - 


While Katie assisted me when she was here, I did all of the measuring, cutting, nailing, spackling, sanding, and painting.  

I'm pretty badass, if I do say so myself.  However, I learned these mad skillz from Pa Poke, who thought that a miter saw and accompanying tutorial was the best shower gift.  (It's really a good one!)  Where would I be without you, Pa?  Thank you for always showing me the error of my ways.  

8 comments:

Jersey Girl said...

Way to go Tina!!! I'm so impressed...you can teach Mitch some new woodworking skills and he can teach you the #of days in each month!!
Your handiwork will make Big Poke real proud!!Thor too...what a handy mom he's/she's got!!
Can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

I have always dreamed of having a miter box and a router Jersey girls promised me that you would teach me how to miter...didn't know that did ya?

Geebs

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I just meant one Jersey Girl.

Geebs

Anonymous said...

All I notice in that picture is how great the lawn looks through the window.

-Katie

The Mrs. said...

Let's make a deal. I'll come up there and provide free babysitting and you come down here and install the trim in our kitchen, dining room, & foyer. Waddaya say?

Tina said...

Geebs! Welcome! And I did hear I am now teaching you how to use a miter saw....what project are we doing?

Kate - the lawn does look great. The guys next to us mowed theirs this week because their lawns looked like crap.

Mrs - Why don't I just come to IL, you and the girls can watch Thor, and Dave and I will pound some brews and cut some wood? Sounds like a good time to me!

Anonymous said...

Gee I get all the credit for making little girls cry, but where did the saw come from and who showed you how to use it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

PA POKE

The Mrs. said...

Done, Tina!