Baby: According to "What to Expect", baby weighs in at almost four pounds and is approximately 16-18 inches long. Baby's senses are working, as he can perceive light, sound and taste. This is mostly due to brain development, which is working overtime right now to make sure baby is ready for his arrival. The baby is pushing more on the diaphragm, causing poor mommy to be frequently out of breath (this is true), and has more defined patterns of sleep and awake.
Mom: I can definitely attest to the breathlessness that I feel whenever I try to do ANYTHING. I feel so out of shape. I also can feel when Thor is really awake, which is usually late morning, late afternoon, and late evening. He particularly likes to be up around 2am (a trend I'm hoping he quits before he arrives). I had no idea what "birthing hips" really meant until they started to hurt - my pelvis is pretty sore as my body gets ready for birth. I'm in Illinois for the week to let my mom pamper me (because I sure won't get it when the baby comes), and it's been a great visit so far. Between the resting, I have big plans to see plenty of great friends that I have missed, and look forward to catching up with all of them.
Dad: As you saw on the last post, Mitch really did take my "better start living" to heart, as his old roommate Dr. Martin was in Dallas with him for the weekend. And boy, did they think they were 21 again. (That is, until the next morning, when the hangovers nearly did them in.) I know they had a great time, and I'm glad that they were able to be carefree and silly, just like in college. Mitch has two more weeks to go in Dallas, and I'm ready for him to come home. I think he's about ready, too - one can only take so much hotel living.
4 comments:
Tina, I am planning on this Thursday but it will be late in the afternoon. I work until 4. Will come right up after that. Auntie M. Can't wait to see you.
of course you will still be pampered.......after Ms. Thor that is!!!!
Sounds good Auntie M - see you then!
About that 2am business...Thor may be taking after Mitch. As a newborn, Mitch would be the most awake and alert at the 2am feeding.
I can remember pleading with him....please go back to sleep!!!
Al didn't even know she had a brother...he would wake up, eat and go right back to sleep...until 2am!! She was up all day and he was up all night...or so it seemed!
Thankfully, it only lasted a few weeks and we all survived!
Post a Comment