In no random order, I present visual evidence that I spent a week and a half visiting as many family and friends as I could.

The Mrs. and Katie threw me a beautiful baby shower. Thanks so much ladies! It was so nice to see so many friends and family at the shower, most of whom I rarely see now.

The Mrs. brought Punkin and Shortcake out to the farm for an afternoon of swimming - Punkin sure enjoyed spitting the pool water on Pa Poke (she didn't get the idea by herself - Pa Poke may have started it. He also made both girls cry in 25 minutes. Way to go, Pa Poke. Better practice up those grandparenting skills!)

Punkin and Shortcake in the pool - they had so much fun!

Cin and I at the Art Institute on our DAY OF FUN! - we checked out the new Modern Wing, which was really nice. Although I have to admit, there was a lot of it I didn't "get". I was happy to know that Cin, the art teacher, didn't get some of it, either.

Cin, #1 Rush Fan, and I at my favorite eating establishment in Morris, LaMex. Man, I had been craving those flautas for months, and they didn't disappoint. The company I was with didn't, either!

Lar-Dog and Steph joined us at LaMex,

- as did Artsy, PE, and Hanky. Zanadoo was there, too - I'm not sure how she avoided my camera! It was so nice to catch up with my former colleagues. I really miss working with all of them!
In addition to these fun activities, I also had really nice visits with Grama and Grapa Poke and Grandpa Hougie, a day of shopping with Mom, a tutorial on miter saws from Dad (look for my latest home improvement project soon!), a visit from Auntie M, bonding time with Boston and Gus-Gus, and a lot of lounging around the pool and relaxing. I had a great time at home on the farm!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! Pumkin and Shortcake had another visit to the farm (per telephone by Shortcake) I wonder if they played the organ? They have fun don't they! Hope the nursery had room for all your goodies! Auntie M
Did you cry when you opened up your gift from Mom Poke? The quilt is AWESOME!
I miss you already. Boo.
Post a Comment