Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baby Update: Week 30

Baby:  According to "What to Expect", Thor is over 3 pounds and about 17 inches long.  His brain is getting bigger by the day, and is starting to perform tasks such as temperature regulation.  This means that the baby will now start shedding the lanugo, or hair that has been keeping him warm in the womb.  

Mom:  I'm starting to panic, knowing that there is only ten more weeks to go, that there will actually be a child in the nursery, that life will be changed forever in just a few short weeks.  I'm getting increasingly more uncomfortable as Thor gets bigger and it gets more crowded, and can feel the fatigue and lack of energy settle in for the third trimester.  And of course, I'm getting pretty big.     

Dad:  Mitch is surviving the sweltering heat in Dallas, with three weeks to go until his arrival back home.  He and I had a conversation regarding the ten-week countdown to baby, to which he commented that "he had a lot of living to pack in during those ten weeks!"  I reminded him that he can pack the fun in for three weeks, because when he returns it's full-out prep for the baby.  So has he started the living?  His weekend purchase of a bottle of Patron tequila leads me to believe he is.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - you're soooo cute! When I saw this picture I told Boston I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold back next weekend. Rules or no rules, I might be headed for that belly!

C'mon, go easy on me. I am throwing you a shower, I should get a few good rubs. Maybe even press my cheek up to it? I'm giggling just thinking about it!

-Katie