- I have been teaching almost the entire school day this week because many teachers are out of the building on a field trip. I am totally out of this routine, and have decided that part-time is definitely the way to go. How I ever managed to work as many hours as I did in my previous job is beyond me, because I am now a total softie.
- I have developed the pregnancy waddle in the last few days. It's really attractive.
- It has been really beautiful here lately. While it's terribly dry (we are 2 1/2 inches lower than normal), the weather has been sunny and 72 degrees almost every day. I can get used to this.
- Associated with the weather: our lawn is starting to look pretty bad due to the lack of moisture. I have serious issues with watering the lawn, though. First, we don't have a sprinkler, and second, why pay for water for the lawn? We never watered it growing up, so I don't really see the point in doing it now. I guess I'll be that neighbor with the ugly lawn. Oh well.
- Also associated with the weather: combining beautiful weather with the end of the school year usually results in me doing some pretty copious amounts of drinking with my coworkers and friends on various patios and farms. I'll admit, I'd just love to have a Summer Shandy while sitting on my deck right now.
- One last thing associated with the weather: I'm very glad that I wasn't pregnant in Florida. Being pregnant in the summer there must just be unbearable.
- There is some potential good stuff brewing on the job front again. I'll let you know when things pan out. Until then, send good thoughts.
- SouthCove is coming for a visit this weekend - I am really excited to hit the mall with her! (Be ready for lots of sitting breaks, though!)
- I can't stop eating grapes.
- I'm very excited to come to IL for a visit soon.
What thoughts have been rolling around in your brain?
5 comments:
I am so excited for this weekend!! Do you have any suggestions for my drive? Anything interesting I should be on the lookout for, like the world's largest cheese curd in Wisconsin or something like that? Also, I think I need a review of the rules. I know #1 is NO RUBBING THE BELLY; are there any more I need to know? :)
South Cove,
Forget the largest cheese curd...
Be on the lookout for the state troopers in Wisconsin!! They LOVE to give out speeding tickets...especially to drivers without WI license plates!!And take plenty of snacks and good music...unless you enjoy all those country stations between ILL and (no...not INI!!) MN!!
Thoughts rolling around in my brain??? HMMMM...I wonder if Tina is having Thor-boy or Thor-girl??
I wonder how much Chick-fil-A Mitch can eat in 5 weeks??
I wonder if I need a life...instead of hanging out on Fiftybelowzero!!
Good luck, Tina, on your interview Thursday pm...they'd be crazy not to hire you on the spot!!!
I shouldn't have made those chocolate and peanut butter chunk cookies because now I want to eat them all.
Tina's love of grapes is making me start to waver on my stance as to whether Thor is a boy or girl. I craved fruit (pineapple & grapes, specifically) when I was pregnant with both girls.
I love it when The General is home at night during the week.
Only one half institute day plus one hour on Thursday. I think I can, I think I can...
Wisconsin troopers DO love to give tickets (and warnings) to young, innocent, law abiding Illinois drivers.
Okay, I've decided again that Thor is definitely a boy and I can't wait to hang out with his mama in a couple of weeks!
Jersey Girl - don't stress about hanging out on Fifty Below too much. Living vicariously through other people's blogs is totally the way to go. :)
Mrs.-Thanks for the encouragement...you know, there's another blog that my friends and I really like alot too...OneCarbonHill! It sounds like the name of a TV show. Have you heard of it?? That blogger really writes well, and is very funny!! I'll bet she would get along with Tina VERY WELL!!
Post a Comment