Sunday, February 1, 2009

Baby Update: Week 13

Baby:  According to "What to Expect When You're Not Expecting", baby is the size of a peach now - about three inches long.  (S/he is getting so big!)  The baby's head is taking up about half of his body right now, but eventually will even out to normal body proportions (I hope).  The baby's intestines will begin to make their way from the umbilical cord to the belly, and the vocal cords are starting to develop this week.  

Mom:  This week I started to gain some more energy back, which was great.  However, I've noticed that I can make it through the day, but by the evening I am exhausted and am in bed sleeping before 10:00.  Same thing for the weekend - early to bed, early to rise.  I'm really not feeling sick anymore, which is even better - just a little upset stomach at nighttime.  My headaches have picked up in frequency though, so I'm watching those carefully.  

Dad:  Nothing groundbreaking on the home front for Mitch this week.  He has taken to rubbing my (just starting to expand) belly, which was weird at first, but now is OK.  (He's the only one with permission, though!)  He's continuing to coming up with random inappropriate names for the baby and keeping me entertained and comfortable.

This is the last week of the first trimester - one down, two to do!  I can hardly believe that I'm a third of the way there!   

No comments: