Saturday, February 14, 2009

Slight Change of Plans

Instead of flying to sunny and warm Marco Island for the weekend, we are staying in cold and windy Chicago due to getting bumped off an oversold flight.

Hopefully our luggage shows up later today so we can...get out the shorts and flip flops? Looks like we'll need to do some shopping!

Quotable quotes from last night:

Big Poke: "Those free tickets you got are mine."

The Mrs: "Grama said you are stranded in Chicago!"

Mitch: "I want two free tickets plus money."

Gate agent: "We don't negotiate, but here's two free tickets, a hotel voucher, and meal vouchers. Thanks for not being an ass about this." (Mitch, quite surprisingly, was not an ass)

Tina: "I've never needed a drink so bad in my life!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TubaLady and Unemployed Gal: "Yay! We get to see the Funnelli's!!!! What a great unexpected twist to our weekend!"

The Mrs. said...

I'm so unbelieveable bummed for you and Mitch. I have a feeling if BigPok had been able to fly to India to strangle that ticket agent he would have. Look at it this way - at least you won't have to worry about using your Kung Fu tactics to keep Kate's hand away from you belly!