Baby: According to "What to Expect", the baby is the size of a clenched fist. This week, the baby is developing hair, from on top of the head to eyebrow to lanugo (the fuzzy covering to keep baby warm). No wonder I had bad heartburn this week! The baby is also starting to practice lung function by "breathing" in amniotic fluid.
Mom: This week I'm going to brag about how uneventful, for the most part, my trimester one mood swings really were. I stayed pretty even-keel throughout the first three months, with very few outbursts or tears. I had no weird cravings (unless you count creamy comfort foods as weird) and didn't make Mitch run to the store at 10:00pm to get ice cream (although he offered). Mitch will also tell you that my mood swings were kept in check.
While my morning sickness has been virtually nonexistent, the heartburn has kicked in this week, mostly because I have difficulty laying off the garlic and onions. Tomatoes might also be causing some of the problems. I only had one headache this week, which is an improvement from last week, and can make it through the day without a nap. This week I am also committed to working out at least three times this week before we head to Florida for the long weekend.
Yesterday was the first day I began shopping for maternity wear, as some of my work pants are really starting to be uncomfortable, and most of them have hook-style closures, making the rubber-band trick difficult to do. I bought a pair of black pants and a pair of jeans, both at Gap. I fear that I may never wear a real pair of pants again - SO comfortable!!
Dad: Mitch has been offering advice on how to avoid the belly rub, as I'm not too keen on it, and I know that Katie has big plans this weekend to rub it. We have a Karate-Kid-style approach to keeping intruders of my personal space at bay. And if that doesn't help, I'll have no trouble punching Katie in the face. I hope she's read this. I'm not kidding.
Mitch was great at Babies R Us yesterday! At no point did he feel overwhelmed or scared, and I am thoroughly impressed with that. For someone who wasn't sure he ever wanted kids, he sure has climbed aboard the baby bandwagon.
I think we both realized yesterday, though, that there is a TON of stuff you can buy for kids. What do we REALLY need? What brands of stroller and carseat are best? Cloth or disposable diapers? What the hell is a Boppy, anyway? Do new babies need toys? Help us, people!
6 comments:
Reading this post was quite possibly the saddest part of my week, it may have even ruined my entire vacation. I will honor your request only because it is your birthday celebration (and I don't want a black eye).
Will you at least lift your shirt to show me your baby bulge? I'll have Boston keep my arms at my side the whole time.
-Katie
I'm going to devote a whole post on my blog answering your "What do we really need?" question. I've also been stock piling things we're done with that you are more than welcome to borrow/have.
Yay Mrs! I knew you'd be the one with all the answers!
Exactly how exclusive is this belly-rubbing club? Is there a password?
P.S. I don't have secret plans to rub your belly, I'm just curious. P.P.S. I hope I get to see you while you are pregnant!
Krissy--it's Rachel. Check out www.albeebaby.com for strollers. We got a Peg Perego P3 for $179, just because it was "last year's model." At BRU, they were running closet to $400. Free shipping, too!
My sister has been stealthily attempting a belly rub. Ick. At least she's my sister, so I can swat her away. Now, when the secretary at work went in for the grab, what could I do? Yech.
SouthCove - right now there is only one person permitted to rub the belly - Mitch. I like the idea of a secret password, though! (And don't worry, you'll see me. I'll be sure of it.)
Rachel - thanks for the tips! Do you want me to send your secretary a flaming bag of poo?
Post a Comment