Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Cutest Pumpkin This Side of the Mississippi

Ah, Gizmo's first Halloween.  She started the day bright and early, excited about all of the trick-or-treaters coming to the house.  (She, sadly, was not going trick-or-treating, as her Mommy thought it was silly.  Gizmo can't eat the candy, so it just looks like some sad adults asking for a handout.)  We dressed her in Outfit #1, which I think looks like a Halloween Jail Suit.

She didn't stay long in this outfit - one poop and this thing was toast.  But, before she blew it out, she modeled some of her scary faces she's been working on.  First, here's "I'm gonna get you!" - 


Then there's her Robert DeNiro "You talkin' to me?" impression - 

And of course, her scary ghost look.

This next one, well, it's just plain silly.

We got her dressed in her official costume around 5, because I was afraid she would either spit up or poop in it before she could get a good wear out of it.  Once on, I giggled like a schoolgirl, she was just so darn cute.




I don't know about you, but I think that she sure resembles my side of the family in these pictures.  Take away that dark hair, and this girl might just be pure Poke after all.  

Because she looks like such a large pumpkin, I had to put it into perspective - 

Yep.  Still a baby.


After a while, she got annoyed with the hood, or maybe just annoyed with all of the picture-taking, but she did NOT want her picture taken with Mommy.

I, by the way, went as a new mom - disheveled hair, baggy sweatshirt, and no makeup.  Or you could say I went as an excited Illinois fan, since they beat Michigan!  

This picture is just cute because of those chubby cheeks.  (Hers, not mine.)

Mitch also went in a costume this year - he dressed up as himself circa 1995.  This t-shirt was from high school, and he even put on his high school letterman's jacket.  Cool.


Yes, it was an exciting Halloween at our house.  Gizmo slept, we had very few trick-or-treaters, and Mitch and I (ok, I) ate all of the candy.  

5 comments:

Katie said...

She looks so cute!!!! I have been dying to see her Halloween costume, what a cutie.

And I agree - almost creepy how much she looks like a Poke in the costume.

On a side note, I can't believe how much she's holding her head up!!!

Anonymous said...

Trick or Treat? I say treat because it was a treat to see her on her first Halloween.moniz We hooked up with Aunt Winnie yesterday and had brunch. Was great seeing her. See you in a few weeks. Auntie M

The Mrs. said...

It's the double chin. Classic Poke giveaway. All the cutest Pokes have one (or sadly, in some cases, more than one)!

Are Gizmo's eyelashes growing at an exponential rate? They look so long in some of those pictures!

Jersey Girl said...

Mrs.
Funny you should mention Gizmo's eyelashes...I noticed today how much longer they seem to be. I'm surprised that you could see them in the photos.
Grama JG

Pokmom said...

OMG she is so adorable!!!! i just want to squeeze her (gently of course) she definately looks like the Poke side in that costume!!! love love love the one where you're looking at each other!!! those cheeks!!! can't wait to see her again!!!!