Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Don't Want Your Life

On an average day, you can probably hear 10+ movie quotes spoken in our house.  Some of the favorites we use regularly are:
  • "I like to picture my Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt, because it says I can be formal, but I like to party" (Talladega Nights)
  • "I like to picture my Jesus with giant eagles wings, singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd, and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED drunk" (also Talladega Nights)
  • "Baxter, I'll take you to foggy Londontown!" (Anchorman)
  • "They're breakdance fighting!" (Zoolander)
  • "My cousin Ray-Ray?  Boop - dead."  (Dodgeball)
  • "Pretty nice little Saturday - goin' to Home Depot tomorrow, pick out some flooring, maybe go to Bed Bath and Beyond - I don't know if they'll be time."  (Old School)
  • "You're so money, you don't even know it."  (Swingers)
  • "Who's the big winner?  Mikey!  Mikey's the big winner!"  (Swingers)
In fact, Mitch and my fantasy football team in the One Carbon Hill League is named after Anchorman - "Sex Panther" - the "cologne" that smells like "pure gasoline".  "60% of the time, it works every time!"

However, no movie gets quoted more in our house than Varsity Blues.  I know, why would we quote this, when there are so many other movies that we could use?  This movie (which hit a little close to home when I was teaching at Morris, mind you) has some real gems.  Mitch had said once that I quoted this movie too much, to which I balked and told him he was making it up.  Not more than five minutes later, though, I was spouting off another quote from Varsity Blues.  He was right - 
  • "Stud-Daddy Wilkerson.  Look at him dance, get 'em some mustard!"
  • "Ice?  Get 'em a beer!"
  • "That's not the formation, that's not the formation!"
  • "You can do it!"
  • "Dummy-o's, follow your dummy-0 quarterback to the mud for a scrimmage!"
  • "Coach Lance, put me in!  We'll block it!"
  • "Move, freak-o's!"
  • "Shit, these boys is havin' the time of they lives out there!"  "No doubt about it."
And my all-time favorite:
  • "Puke and rally!"
If only our long-term memory could be used for something useful.....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Majority of my phone conversations with Mitch loosely follow this format:

Me: 'sup Mav?
Mitch: Goose!
Me: Dude, just hit my head on the canopy as I ejected.
Mitch: You're dead.

The Mrs. said...

Varsity Blues is perhaps one of the most underrated movies of all time.

Tommy Boy quotes flow like a fine wine around here. And the Old School "Bed, Bath, & Beyond" quote will NEVER get old.

buttercup said...

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!

Buttercup said...

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Also, I don't know how to use blogs.