Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Neglecting the Blog to Do All Sorts of Things

Readers, I apologize for not blogging in almost an entire week.  Mitch and I have been busy living lives, if you can believe that.  What on earth could be so important that it drags us away from the blog, you ask?  Well, let me tell you.

Last weekend we had another round of visitors from Illinois - Gizmo's godfather, Martin, and his parents.  We have planned this weekend visit for over a year now, as Martin was in town not only to meet Gizmo, but to attend the Illinois-Minnesota football game in the new outdoor stadium at the U.  Normally, one would assume that a November football game would be cold and miserable, but we lucked out and had perfect 60+ degree weather (and an Illinois win!)

We "tailgated" at the house before the game - 


And true to form, Martin and Mitch broke out the letterman's jackets to wear. (Can you believe it was TOO WARM to wear them to the game?  I was broken-hearted.)


In other news, Gizmo is now holding her head high and proud during tummy time - 


The little kick of the foot just kills me.  

I'll have you know that Gizmo also said her first word this week - "mom".  She's figured out how to make the "mmm" sound, so when she opens her mouth to cry, "mom" comes out.  So sweet!


Finally, my blogging is at an all-time low because I just began reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.  I am neglecting Gizmo, Mitch, the housework, and my job to read this thing.  I can't put it down.  And with that, I'm going to go read....

6 comments:

Moder said...

I was looking for a good book to read over Thanksgiving Break (brake!). I will have to get The Lost Symbol! Thanks for the suggestion... hope all is well with your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

DAMN...those jackets look good.

And, Gizmo looks HOT!

Anonymous said...

Pebbles did the mom thing when she cried too. But unfortunately it was just a silly little fluke. Cus the first thing she ever started saying repeatedly was "Baba", then "Dada." It took her several more months before "Mama" actually came out. I hope this was not a fluke for you and your darling daughter will continue to say "Mom."
-Wilma

The Mrs. said...

Talking already? That's my girl!

And that outfit? My favorite yet. The leggings are to die for.

I bought The Lost Symbol last night - I'm going to let The General read it while I finish the one I have now but I can't wait to start it! Maybe I should wait for Christmas break though so I have solid time to devote to it.

Tina said...

Just a quick update - I have finished The Lost Symbol, so I can devote more time to my family, my job, and of course, blogging. Thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! Both Gizmo and Mitch!
Auntie M