Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts for Gizmo, Part One of a Two-Part Series

It's a big weekend for Gizmo, who is nearing the 18-month mark. She has been blessed with her mom and dad's thick hair, and it has been growing so fast that it was time to get her hair cut for the very first time.

I was cautiously optimistic that she would do a good job, but even so Mitch and I loaded her diaper bag with toys, books, and food. We had prepped her for her hair cut by practicing to sit still while drying her hair after her bath, and had talked for a few days about going to see "Cawi" and getting her hair "cut".

Once we got there, it was like she was a pro. She explored the hair salon, and when Cari was ready for her, she took her hand and let her lead her back to the chair. Once we got the animal cape on her (the worst part), the cutting began.


And yes, we did resort to bribing her with Goldfish crackers. I am convinced this is why she sat so still.


Haircut? Who cares about a haircut when I've got a mouth full of Goldfish!


This picture says, "I'll let this lady cut my hair as long as you keep the Goldfish coming!"


And this one says, "Who cares how my new haircut looks? Why did you take those Goldfish away?"

Gizmo was able to run around and play today without pigtails for the first time in months. She's such a big girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...but in the family pose, you can see Gizmos' empty goldfish cup...hence, her sad face!
Gotta love it!! Way to go Gizmo and Cawi!!

The Mrs. said...

Seriously, the three of you could not be cuter. Add one more to the mix and I think I might die from the adorableness.

Pokmom said...

what a big girl!!!! I'm anxious to hear if it is wavy when wet..can't wait to see it in person. another first of many new things to come.....hopefully she'll be as calm when Hellmette comes along.....