It's not really a secret that I can have a pretty awful potty mouth. OK, a really bad one. It's not one of my finer qualities, and honestly it's been curbed pretty well in recent years, but nonetheless I can still swear with the best of them when I'm around certain company. (Cin, I'm looking at you.)
Mitch has been warning me to watch my mouth at home, as Gizmo repeats almost everything she hears and sees nowadays, and sure enough, this was the week....
The three of us were sitting at dinner when I dropped a piece of food on the floor. As I reached down to pick it up, I said softly under my breath, "damn....". It's hard to bend over! Anyway, Gizmo repeats, just as softly, "damn....". And there it was. Her first swear word. Mitch just gave me the look of "I told you so!" and texted Cin's husband Tom to let them know what I'd done.
And now I'll be getting out the jar to put a quarter in every time I swear.
2 comments:
Damn is barely a swear word, so I wouldn't stress about it. Plus I bet she sounded really cute when she said it!
That being said, in our house "oh my God," "stupid," and "hate" are considered very bad words so maybe I'm not the best judge.
i would just see her doing that! how did you not laugh? if that's the worse she hears....you are forgiven
Post a Comment