- We had over a foot of snow again this weekend. It was heavy, wet snow that looks nice and pretty again, but after a week of 50 degree weather, is not really what we wanted. Anyhow, Gizmo finally got out in the snow and played. She loves it!
- I found out today that I will be laid off again this year. Let's hope that I get re-hired. Again. It's a pretty crucial year, as I will earn tenure if they re-hire me. Please, please, please district, don't focus on the small amount of money saved by canning me and hiring a new teacher with no experience and advanced degree. Please.
- On a side note to that, there is nothing more frustrating than knowing you are working hard and doing a good job, and that it makes no difference when it comes to the hiring and firing, or the dolling out of promotions. Both Mitch and I are seeing that in our jobs. External job searches have commenced.
- On another work-related note, my body is SORE and TIRED after having a two-hour rehearsal with my 5th grade band members after school today. Our big concert is tomorrow night, and they are going to do a great job.
- What does one who is nine months pregnant wear to a band concert that will not make her look like a tent? If you know, let me know pronto.
- For my birthday, Mitch took me to the Oceannaire, a fancy seafood restaurant in Minneapolis. It was delicious. The only bad thing: no wine. Although after this concert tomorrow night, I might just have to do it. The kid's developed enough, right?
- Gizmo turned eighteen months old today. When did that happen? I'm sorry that I can't post video to the blog right now - for some reason Mitch's computer won't let it upload correctly. Damn PCs. Look to Facebook for the latest. She has been a champ in her new room, and is doing really well with her potty-training. She's not nearly perfect yet, but she does know how to go in the potty chair, and her favorite part is the "dump!" at the end.
- I am at 36 weeks as of this Friday. Little Helmette will make her appearance shortly! I am beyond large, and people at work keep asking when this kid is showing up. They can't believe I have another whole month to go. They have noticed me slowing down, and comment on it. And I have slowed down. A LOT. This second-time-around-with-a-toddler-and-working thing sucks.
- After reading this post and listening to me rant and rave after I came home from work today, Mitch was glad to see that it wasn't nearly as militant as he feared it might be. Yay me.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Wednesday Night Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Please send me the address to your school district's headquarters. I feel the need to write them a strongly worded letter.
Concert attire: I hear black is slimming. And if you opt for stripes, go vertical.
I think Mitch forgot to give you part of your birthday present *cough*prenatalmassagegiftcertificate*cough*
Go for the wine. It will give you a valid reason for explaining why that second child is so much wilder than the first.
I know your body aches, but I have no doubts that you look beautiful. Wishing I was planning a return spring break trip for next month so I could give you a big hug!
Pebbles used to love "the dumping" part of using her potty chair so much she would go in when she didn't have to go and fill the toilet seat with water so she could dump it in the toilet. Crazy Kids!!!
I am sorry you are uncomfortable but it won't be much longer. "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!" Believe me I know how hard it is to chase around a toddler or two while extremely exhausted and huge at 9 months. I feel for you!!!
I hope everything works out with your job!!
-Wilma
Post a Comment