Friday, June 22, 2012

Adventures in Cooking, Part Dos

Today's cuisine?  Pirate pizza coins (also known as pizza on cut-out tortillas).

                                     

And yes, Dora was an observer during this process.  

Gizmo and I got all of the ingredients assembled and began the (much easier than the empanadas episode) process of making our little pizzas.  We topped them with pepperoni, mushrooms, red peppers, and cheese.


They looked pretty good going onto the oven, and looked almost like the book when they came out.  (How can you mess them up, really?  They're pizza.)


But would they pass the taste test?  I let Gizmo try them before lunch to make sure.




A winner!  "Mom, these are pretty good!"


To be fair, she did pick off the mushrooms initially, and then picked everything off but the cheese and pepperoni at lunch, so I'm not calling it a total success.  We did also make a "rainbow smoothie" with mango and strawberry that she only received lukewarmly at lunch.  Her reaction to the smoothie?  "It's not very smooth."

I think we might try a breakfast frittata next week.....Gizmo's been awfully picky about veggies lately, so I'm trying to get them into her any way I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just gotta love this kid...she has such a way with words!!!
"I think she gets it from me"...I'll let you guess who this is from!! LOL