Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dear Mitch, Gizmo, and Gonzo -

I will be able to focus on you when I finish my books.

For our trip to Vegas, I purchased the first book in the "Fifty Shades" trilogy.  I read the first book in two days and bought the second one in the airport on the way home.  I just finished the second book, and I have only two words that sums up the books:

Oh. My.


I'm sure you've heard about the books - they are the ones that many libraries won't put on the shelves because they are so dirty and explicit.  And they are.  Oh. My. They. Are. Dirty.  And I am beyond addicted.  I have not been able to put the book down all day.  I read it this morning while Gizmo watched Hello Kitty.  I read it while Gonzo napped and Gizmo played with her sticker dolls.  I read it while Gonzo ate her afternoon snack.  I did absolutely nothing but read since the girls have gone to bed.  I am devastated that Barnes and Noble is closed and I can't run out and buy the third.  Truth be told, it's probably better that I don't have it, as maybe I can be productive at some point this weekend.

Read the books.  You can borrow them when I'm done.

No comments: