Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Happens in Vegas....Goes On the Blog

Oh, Las Vegas.  How I missed you so.  



Mitch and I had a great three-day getaway/anniversary celebration/catch up on sleep/sanity check.  And, as the good little blogger that I am, I attempted to take pictures of everything, when I remembered.  

First stop when we got into town: In-N-Out Burger!  We went through the drive-through in the cab and took it back to the hotel room.  It was freaking delicious (even though it was cold).


We spent two days lounging by the pool with enough alcohol to keep us hydrated.



Notice the view?  We stayed at the MGM Grand, the biggest hotel in the world.  And it was.  The hallway to our room from the hotel went on for honestly, a good quarter-mile.  It was two hundred seventy-five steps from the elevator to our room.  I counted.

We spent one night at the Palms Hotel, having dinner at Gardunos, a great Mexican restaurant.
Mitch enjoyed some coffee to perk up for the evening -

- but I went for something a bit stronger.  Two, in fact.  Damn, I love those Patron margaritas.


The Palms were hosting the NHL Awards that week, and so all of the trophies were on display.  Mitch, being the native Minnesotan that he is, got very excited.


We went to both clubs at the Palms - The Playboy Club and the ghostbar - where we had drinks and someone, who shall remain nameless, lost a significant amount of money in a very short amount of time.  Good thing he's cute.


While walking through Mandalay Bay on our last night, I FINALLY found "my" machine - Leprechaun's Gold.  I always play this machine in Vegas, but apparently it's a little old, because we only saw it in two casinos.  


This year?  The Leprechaun wasn't so kind.  I never even got a Lucky's Bonus or anything.  My new game?  Kitty Glitter.  (Sorry no picture for this one, but while I was playing Mitch declared, "How many damn cats do you have to see on the screen to win something?"  It was hilarious, especially after a few drinks.)

We also hit another of our favorite bars, Red Square, which is a classic Russian vodka bar.  The mojitos and martinis were delicious.


We made a quick stop at the Luxor on our way back to the hotel Tuesday night. 


Who knew this would be the sight of Mitch's greatest triumph of the week?  The Playboy Club may have taken his money, but he took it back from the Luxor.  


That's two hundred dollars, baby!  The cocktail waitress was quick to bring Jameson and Ginger Ales - my new favorite drink - to his sideline cheerleader while Mitch was gambling.

We really had a great time.  It felt so good to relax, sleep in, and just see where the day took us. 


And on Thursday morning at 6:00am, it was back to reality as Mitch went to work and Gizmo was up for the day.  So much for easing our way back into things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You *totally* stole the title of your blog post from me. Totally. --Lizzie

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...no Lucky's bonus for Tina this time. I feel her pain...no lucky Wheel of Fortune spins for me! I hope my bad Vegas mojo didn't rub off on Tina!!

Anonymous said...

We need to label the last picture
"Mr. & Mrs. Dimples"!!!
You two are too cute!! No wonder Gizmo is so stinkin' cute!!