My job at the elementary school is very similar to Elaine's reality. Every day is some kid's birthday, and they inevitably show up at my door to share their classroom treats with their favorite music teacher. (OK, maybe I've elaborated the "favorite" part. I am their only music teacher, so by default I am their favorite.) Anyway, each day is a new treat - cupcakes are popular, but sometimes it's candy bars, cookies, and today it was an ice cream sandwich.
This job has certainly not helped in any weight-loss goals I have set for myself. But, it sure is nice to have the sugar rush after dealing with a crappy group of third graders. I fear what next week will bring when school is out and there are no cupcakes in the house. I'll need to find the nearest bakery. Stat.
2 comments:
Had another great "Gizmo lunch" with Jersey Girl today. Boy, that baby Gizmo is a real knock-out. She is so much fun. Betty was there too but I know I was her favorite. She blew kisses and ran right over to me! Well, okay, okay, so she didn't exactly do that but it was close. I know she really wanted to (cuz I was the favorite!) We had fun and thank you for sharing your home and your baby. It was a delight.
Love Geebs
Post a Comment