On Saturday, Boston and Katie ran a half-marathon in Illinois. This was Boston's first, and Katie's second. Here are their thoughts from the day:Interviewee: How did you prepare for this half-marathon?
Boston: Well, I have been doing a very rigorous training schedule, slowly adding on miles to my run. I've also been weight-training in an effort to have a balanced workout.
Katie: I'M AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interviewee: What did you eat before the race?
Boston: I made sure I did plenty of carb-loading so that I would have the appropriate fuel to make it through all 13.1 miles.
Katie: I'M AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interviewee: How did you feel throughout the race?
Boston: Well, I felt really great through the first few miles, but fatigue set in a little earlier than I thought it would. I had predicted that the weather would be absolutely perfect, but it turned out to be a little more humid than originally anticipated. This really affected those last three miles. But, I feel proud that I have accomplished this goal.
Katie: I'M AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T RUN HALF-MARATHONS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interviewee: Well, any last thoughts?
Boston: I'd just like to thank everyone who encouraged us in this goal - we couldn't have done it without your support.
Katie: THANKS TO MY ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*This interview is completely fiction. No animals were harmed in the creation of this fake interview.
12 comments:
What did I ever do to you to elicit such a mean-spirited blog post? I mean, you are right about me being awesome, but this was just a bit harsh. Really now.
On a side note... I still can't make it all the way up the stairs without a break... I imagine this gives you some sick pleasure.
I have to say that was the funniest post ever. Couldn't stop laughing out loud while reading it. Katie, I'm sure their just jealous of your AWESOMENESS !!!!
This post was inspired by your Facebook comments about your first half-marathon a few years back. You ARE awesome for doing it!
funny thing is.until the end i really thought is was real!!!!!! Kate and Boston, you are both awesome!!!!!!!!!
I love this post. It is so neat the way you accurately portrayed both Boston and Katie through this great work of fiction. I too was dupped into thinking this was a real interview, Pokemom. I think it was the exclamation points that sold me.
Way to go, Boston & Katie. I doubled my mileage on Sunday just for you!
(PS - I have an exclusive interview as well, mine with Grama. I quote: "I saw her (Katie) after her first half-marathon and she looked a lot happier after this race. I thought she was going to die for an hour after that first half-marathon!")
OOPS!! Mitch...did Gizmo change her name???
So SORRY Anonymous. I meant that it was all GIZMO'S idea.
greatest post to date
meow meow meow meow meow meow meow
who stole my meows?!?!?!
meow meow
just wanted to say i'm very disappointed in your lack of posting lately
Post a Comment