Example #1 -
(Almost) all of my cousins have their own significant other, many with children of their own. It's hard to believe that just ten short years ago we were all living in Dwight planning our "Cousin's Night Out"s and enjoying each other's company on a regular basis. It's rare that we all get together now, and it's hard to stay in touch with everyone so busy all the time.
Example #2 -
The Mrs. and I can't handle our liquor anymore. We tried to party like it was 1999 and still at the U of I that night, but let's face it - we're 30-somethings with kids, and it's just not worth the hangover the next morning. Boo.
Example #3 -
The Mack and his wonderful wife Marnie have a kid. When I think of The Mack I think of Marc Morrison and Warren G playing in his Thunderbird as he cruises through Dwight and Champaign. On Saturday night he not only was a great dad to Blondie, but Marnie and I discussed the trials and tribulations of pumping while at work. Seriously?
If you would have asked me ten years ago if life would be like it is now, I would have said yes. But do you ever think that everyone else's life is staying the same, especially when you don't see them very often, while yours changes so much?
1 comment:
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Scary how fast life changes.
Post a Comment