Pa Poke has "promised" Gizmo a pony, claiming that every little girl needs one. (Never mind that he had three daughters and never bought us one.....) He has grand plans to bring one to MN on a visit, build a barn in the backyard, and attach a swing set/tree house to it as well. Mitch and I have been clear that a pony is NOT something she needs in the suburbs, and all of our threats to sell the horse for glue are going unnoticed.
I have found a solution to our problem - and its name is Fisher Price.
Buy away, Pa. We can even keep it in the "barn" of our garage.
5 comments:
I think it's in all Grampa's natures to treat grand-babies different then their own children. They can spoil them and then go home and leave the consequences to the parents. I truly believe that they can't help themselves (sometimes this is a good thing). To read Tina's and Pa Poke's interaction is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh to start my day.
Grandparents become these shells of the former parents they once were in our youth. It's a little frightening. Perfect example: tonight, while dining together for Papa Poke's birthday, my mom actually gave me PUPPY DOG EYES WITH A PITIFUL HEAD TILT when I informed Shortcake (who was dining not in her chair but IN HER GRANMOTHER'S LAP because she feigned sleepiness) that she would need to eat ONLY ONE PIECE of meatloaf in order to get a slice of birthday cheese cake. This, the woman who no less than twenty-five years ago, would have spent attempts threatening me to within an inch of my life if I didn't eat a spoon full of peas.
That pony is the cutest! Also, another push for plastic versus real pony: my aunt got kicked in the knee by her horse this weekend. Pretty sure Fisher-Price's version comes attitude free, right?
I think the Mrs. is being hard on Gramma Poke.....Come on, give her a break! Gramma Poke/Auntie M
HI HO Plastic and AWAY ?
Just not the same. Not to worry Gizmo, I will make sure that your Mommy and Daddy don't just give you plastic love. And I don't believe this plastic pony will be a good companion for Gizmo's puppy.
Pa Poke
The plastic pony will be a great companion to her STUFFED puppies Buddy and Baxter. No living, breathing pets in this house!
Post a Comment