Sunday, November 23, 2008

I, State Your Name

On Tuesday Mitch, his mom and I went to our fine state capital so that Mitch could take his official lawyer's oath.  Here he is in front of the state capitol building.
He also posed in front of the Minnesota Judicial Center, where he was sworn into the bar.
You'd hire him as your lawyer, wouldn't you?
We got there quite early so that Mitch could get signed in, and once his mom and I found a parking spot (what a snafu that was!), we waited patiently until we were let into the state appeals courtroom.  And it was fancy.
After waiting a while longer, and listening to court administrator talk and stall so that the judge could get there (the judge actually never made it; he was in a session dealing with the senate recount between Norm Coleman and Al Franken - I'm sure you've heard about it), the oath was administered.
He looks so professional!  The entire ceremony took about 20 minutes, and afterwards we were free to take pictures inside the chambers, and could even sit in the chief justice's chair!  While we were not brave enough to do that, Mitch did agree to have his picture taken next to the state flag.  
I was very excited to be in the courtroom, and felt that my Law & Order knowledge would have gotten me very far had I been in this courtroom arguing.  
We took a few more pics to commemorate the occasion.

Finally!  He's REALLY official now!  Anybody need a lawyer?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hot.

Anonymous said...

So official and fancy! Very Law & Order.

The Mrs. said...

It would have to be a sex crime for me to be any help in the courtroom. And no, not because I'm kinky like that. L&O: SVU is my addiction!

Way to go, Mitch!