No, not a baby yet....but almost as good.
As of 10:00 this morning, I am the proud owner of a piano.
A few weeks ago, a colleague of mine knew someone who was looking to get rid of a piano. A FREE piano. Their kids had played it when they were younger, and now that no one was playing, they wanted it out of the house. I went to check it out, and all things considered, it was in pretty good shape.
Did I mention it was free?
With my Christmas money that I had saved, I hired the movers and they delivered it today. Best money spent ever.
What does Gizmo think? She loves it. Apparently she said "Tanks" when the movers left. She enjoyed learning how to not bang on it today, and by the end of the night could say "high" and "low" when she played in those ranges. She's a genius.
I forgot how wonderful it was to have a piano in the house. I had fun playing a little bit tonight, even though it is dreadfully out of tune. Now, if I can just find some time to play....
4 comments:
Some things just lift our spirits...Music is one thing that does. Wish I could hear you play right now!Congrats on your new arrival. Auntie M
I concur...Gizmo is a musical genius!! She comes by it naturally!
She also has to have her drink cup on her right side on the "pi-yan-yo" bench, as she plays her music.She plays a while, then takes a sip, then plays, then sips. She scoots her butt back and forth on the bench to hit the high and low notes...can't wait to see what's next!!
can't wait to hear yer first concert...will she be ready when we come in a couple of weeks?
Her music skills may not be quite ready in a couple of weeks...but her outfit will crack you up!!
She likes to jump off the potty chair, run to the piano, and hit the keys with her onesie flapping over her bare butt!!
You may not get a concert...but you will get a show!!!
Post a Comment