I finished my first week of school today in Spartyville. I have to say, this job is great. Who knew I liked to teach middle school choir? The kids, for the most part, have been really great and fun to get to know. The music staff are awesome - I really feel like I'm part of a team already. My principal is supportive and is really working to help all the faculty in whatever they may need, which is something that you don't always get! I think I'm winning the kids over as well, as documented by two incidents today:
Cute Girl #1 - 6th grade music student: "Mrs. Mondelli, you sure are pretty and nice."
Adorable Boys #1 and #2 - 7th grade music students in homeroom (overheard by another music teacher): "Mrs. Mondelli seems pretty cool, she's nice - a LOT nicer than the other guy who was here last year."
What a way to make a new teacher feel great after her first week!
1 comment:
there was never any doubt in my mind that they would love you instantly!!!you are a fabulous teacher and they are damn lucky to have you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by the way..what color is my room going to be???
Post a Comment