Sunday, January 1, 2012

...And in With The New

Everyone makes resolutions. Right? Every year I seem to make at least one or two. This year, I plan on making 12 - one for every month of the year. You see, there is a lot that I would like to change and improve about myself and the way I function in life. Rather than try to tackle everything at once, I think I should go month by month. Hopefully, by the end of the year, I will be a well-oiled, well-toned, well-organized superhuman.

So, in my effort to help with my motivation and self-control, here is my list of New Year's Resolutions:

January: Weight-loss will be a recurring theme in my resolutions. Now that we are done having kids, it is time to get my body into shape. This month, my goal is to record my eating in an online food journal, make healthy food choices, and work out twice a week.

February: In my birth month, I have two resolutions: 1) to keep my purse more organized, and 2) increase workouts to three-four times a week.

March: This month I will focus on my car, which is always full of old napkins, random school stuff, kids' books, and other crap. I will work on keeping a more tidy car.

April: I would love to be more organized with my coupon clipping. I will also be admiring my newer, skinnier self by this time.

May: I will begin to experiment with new fruits and vegetables in my cooking, trying to incorporate a new one into our food every week. I also plan on running my first 5K.

June: During the summer, I want to be active outside every day with the girls that the weather cooperates.

July: I will work on being more organized in my bedroom, which seems to be the dumping grounds for the rest of the house.

August: Run another 5K.

September: As I return to work from the summer, I will work on being more neat and tidy in the house, putting things away as I use them and picking up after myself. I also plan on holding my kids accountable to this resolution. (Mitch is the clean one of the house, I am clearly the messy one)

October: Buy Halloween candy that is not my favorite. (This one will be hard, since I have not met candy that I don't like. Let's just say I won't be buying Snickers.)

November: Continue to be committed to my workout routine, even as the holidays near and things at work become busy.

December: I will be more proactive about my holiday budget - planning purchases, and staying within my means. (This year I was not so successful.....)

So there you have it - my personal goals for the year. I can only hope I have the time and energy to achieve them all.

Let the year begin!

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

That is an awesome idea for resolutions. The General and I are going to try to change the tide of bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyle starting tomorrow, too. Even thought about resurrecting Operation Less Jiggly! I'm behind you 100%.

You know maaaaaaybe...for inspiration and motivation for us...perhaps I should see if running one of those 5Ks together might be an option. Wouldn't THAT be FUN!

Parker said...

Good luck! I was thinking of the month by month resolution thing, too. HOwever, I was going to wait until the end of each month to decide what the next month's resolution would be. Because, clearly, I can't think of 12 things to do better all at once!! Haha! Good luck to you. Happy New Year to all of you!

Moder said...

You are so inspiring Pok! My only true resolution is to finish my last semester of coursework so I can start my dissertation and be finished with school (as a student that is!). Other things like getting in shape, blogging more, etc. will definitely be attempted and I will keep you posted on my progress. Happy New Year! Cheers!

Tina said...

Mrs - I like your 5K idea! You are due for a trip to the Northland. Summertime?