Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday Morning's Conversation

The Scene: This morning, our living room. Gizmo and Gonzo are in the downstairs living room playing after breakfast. Tina refills her coffee cup, then joins the girls. Mitch is still in bed. The TV is tuned to Uncle Boston's morning show.

Gizmo: I want to watch a DVD. Hello Kitty.

Tina: We can watch Hello Kitty after Uncle Boston's show and after you've gotten dressed for the day.

Gizmo: I want to watch it now! I don't want to watch Uncle Boston!

Tina: Too bad.

A few minutes later.....

Tina: Gizmo! Curious George is on TV with Uncle Boston!

There is, in fact, someone in a Curious George costume who is plugging PBS and their fundraiser this weekend. The lady goes on to talk about how there will be a meet-and-greet with Clifford the dog tomorrow.

Boston: I have two nieces who I have no doubt would enjoy the event.

Boston's Co-Host: Well, Boston, we know what you'll be doing tomorrow!

Boston: Yes, I guess we do.

Gizmo (in her VERY excited voice): Uncle Boston is going to take me to go see Clifford!!

Tina: Yes, he said he is! He said it on TV, he has to do it!

Tina immediately sends Boston a text message letting him know what he's done.

Gizmo: Daddy! (Mitch has just entered the room) Uncle Boston is going to take me to see Clifford!

Mitch: Well, we'll have to check with Uncle Boston to see if he's available to take you.

Gizmo: I don't want to watch Uncle Boston anymore.

End scene.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Whoops. Tell Gizmo that Uncle Boston was far too hungover after ice fishing to take her today.

Lesson learned.