Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Gizmo!

Gizmo turned two! It is hard to believe that just two years ago she stubbornly entered the world.


Every day I am equal parts amazed at how much she can do, and annoyed that the Terrible Twos are full-on at our house.


While it took a while for Gizmo to get used to her little sister, she is now fiercely protective of her, and loves to make her laugh.


She has an extensive vocabulary and speaks very clearly for a two-year-old, and just tonight as we were painting her toenails she "reminded" me how much she does actually listen to me, and how I need to watch my language all the time.


Now that she's two, there are lots of changes at the house - Gizmo's been promoted to the "big table" and no longer is using her high chair; tomorrow morning we are going to try our first run at big girl panties; tomorrow night the "Nuk Fairy" is visiting to redistribute her Nuks to the new babies in the world, and hopefully bringing a toy. (I have no doubt the Nuk Fairy will deliver.)


While there are definitely times I need more patience and time to deal with my persistent toddler, no one makes me laugh harder, smile bigger, or give warmer hugs than my Giana. I'll take your "too much" any day. I love you, sweet girl. Happy Birthday.


4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Happy birthday, Giana! We all love you SO MUCH and wish we could be there to spoil you with lots of cake and ice cream on your birthday. Hugs and kisses to you, beautiful girl!

(PS to Tina & Mitch - From our experience the Thunderdome Threes were way worse than the Terrible Twos. Brace yourselves.)

Tina said...

Mrs - Mitch's response to your comment: "$h!t." Thanks for the warning.

Pokmom said...

She has grown up so fast!!! she is truly a remarkable little YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY Gizmo...Wow, looking at you in the first picture takes me way back to when your Mommy was just 2....AND, you look just like her!! I am sure you had a great day my wish for you is many more pink cakes!
Auntie M