First, my apologies for my long absence from the blog. With company for two solid weeks, and then a 10-day trip to Illinois to visit Grama and Papa Poke, and THEN Mitch gone for the week for work, there has not been much leisure time for blogging. However, I am staying up late tonight to bring you this great moment I had with the girls last night. Sadly, I don't have a picture that captures it, but it just made my heart soar.
After dinner, the girls and I retired to the lower level, where the temperature is coolest in the house. Gonzo laid down for tummy time, and I encouraged Gizmo to lay down with her. She faced Gonzo on her tummy, then said, "Here, Gonzo!" and gave her her finger to grab onto. Gonzo grabbed her finger, looked at her, and smiled. Gizmo smiled back.
And there was the beginning of a lifelong friendship. I can't wait to watch it blossom.
6 comments:
Aw, how sweet. Even though no picture I can see it in my mind's eye.
Love it. Can't wait to watch it with you!
Are you sure Gizmo didn't have a handful of flour in the other hand ready to go :)
Winnie, I think Gizmo then poked her finger forward really hard and told Gonzo it was her own fault if she was in the way.
I'll be honest. I thought after Gonzo grabbed onto her big sister's finger, Gizmo was going to let one rip. She did just spend a week in Illinois after all!
Mrs.....you are so right!!!! didn't big Poke teach your girls that too?
i'm going with the precious loving sister idea myself.....
Post a Comment