Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Girl Loves Her Some Cake

I have been craving Texas sheet cake for over a week. I blame the lingering pregnancy hormones - baby needs cake in her milk, right? Anyway, last night I whipped one up (once I located my Edwards Soil Service cook book, of course!) and we had it for dessert after dinner. Gizmo enjoyed her piece so much we gave her another one tonight after dinner just to re-create how much she loved it. If her looks didn't already tell you, the girl is seriously one of the Poke family members after this.

"Mmmm, chok-wa-tee tweat!"


And right before she did this, Mitch says to me in a whisper: "How long do you think it will take her to pick it up and lick the frosting off her plate?"


Two seconds. Literally.

Papa must be so proud.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is awesome! And the reference of the Edwards cookbook made me smile! I love my Dad's picture in that book! =)
JD in GC

The Mrs. said...

That last picture is hilarious. I think she's redeemed herself after that ice cream refusal awhile ago.

JD in GC - every member of the Poke family has an Edwards cookbook. Some are more worn than others (Tina's mom's book is literally falling apart whereas mine looks barely used other than a few notations by some favorite recipes). This past Christmas my brother finally received his copy after mom found one in mint condition at the El Paso Antique Mall!

Aunt Cathy said...

HILARIOUS!!!! I'm so glad it was a see through plate.

Pokmom said...

well she truly is her mothers daughter!!!!! great pics!!
JD, also love your Dads pic in the front of the book.
Mrs. i had to get myself a new one, for my old one had truly fallen apart. i got it for x-mas in 1978.
good news tho, there was a big batch of cookbooks reprinted (minus the old employee pics, sorry JD)and you can still get them at Crop Productions in Dwight,...i recently mailed one to Winnie in FL after a friend saw hers and had to have one

Anonymous said...

Did you put that bib on her on purpose?? That says it all!!

Tina said...

I had not noticed the bib until you said something, Anonymous. That's hilarious!

I love my Edwards Soil Service cookbook. I use it a lot for yummy desserts as well as casseroles. And yes, JD, your dad's picture is awesome - he had so much more hair then!

Grama JG said...

"The girl loves her some pasta too!!" Today at lunch, as I was doing the dishes, I turned around to see Gizmo licking her lunch plate clean!!! Way to crack a grama up!!!