Monday, June 6, 2011

They're Not Ribbon Dresses, But the Idea is the Same

My mom was notorious for dressing my sisters and I in coordinating outfits, usually different by color or pattern. She made all of them herself, and I have no doubt that she has some of them stashed somewhere, just waiting to get out to dress her grandchildren in.

Grama Jersey Girl, a shopper supreme, bought these coordinating "fishie" outfits at Carter's a few weeks ago, and today it was finally warm enough to get out the tank tops (and Daisy Dukes, right Boston?) out.

And the cycle begins again.


And no, they could not be more adorable. And yes, that is Gonzo's real hair. Girlfriend is never going to need Bump-Its with that hair.

8 comments:

The Mrs. said...

She looks like Baby Snooki minus the orange skin! Love it.

Upon finding out we were having another girl, I swore that I would never, NEVER, dress my girls alike. We're now five years strong on making a complete liar out of myself. I'm only slightly ashamed to admit that I may have even coordinated my own outfits to blend seamlessly with them for candid photo purposes.

Pokmom said...

Mrs....i just come up with a great idea!!!!
I could make all 4 girls matching sunsuits for when Tina and the girls come down in July!! what do you think!! try and hold back your excitement!!

Pokmom said...

they are so adorable! how did you get Gizmo to sit and smile for you?..
also, Gonzo so looks like she's wearing a mans bad rug there!!
just priceless!

The Mrs. said...

I'm not too proud to admit that I love that idea, Pokmom!

Mitch said...

Why stop there when you could make 8 matching outfits? Just imagine Pokmom, Tina, Gizmo, Gonzo, Auntie M, The Mrs, Shortcacke, and Punkin all rocking the same outfit at The Dairy Queen.

It will be like an Old Navy commercial come to life.

Anonymous said...

I love that idea too Mitch...If Cari comes we can just wrap red white and blue star ribbon around her baby bump, we don't want to leave out BABY PEBBLES! So we're up to 9 outfits Pokmom. I know you can do it.
Can't wait to see you. Auntie M

Oh by the way, the 3 Poke girls were always adorable with their matching outfits....Don't forget the hair bows, headbands etc.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget an outfit for the duck or was it a goose??!!

Katie said...

I'm offended. What about Gus?