Friday, April 8, 2011

Catching Up From the Last Two Weeks

Spring in Minnesota has finally arrived! The last of the snow melted in our yard this week, and Mitch was able to take Gizmo in the inaugural ride of her new "wag-uh" on one of the beautiful days we had this week.


She has also enjoyed riding on her horsey made by Papa Poke, although she's becoming more and more of a daredevil when she tries to ride it....


The adjustment to "Baby Gen" is a slow one, with moments of her saying "No Gen! No Gen!", but also sweet ones, when she helps with a feeding or gives Baby G kisses.


I'm feeling pretty good two weeks out. This recovery has been much easier than my recovery with Gizmo. What a difference between the two!


And finally, Miss G (who still needs a blog name, but we have had no time to think of a creative one. I'll take suggestions) is thriving, as she weighed in at 9 lbs, 2 oz today at her 2-week check-up. She's now over her birth weight, and put on a pound in a week. The nurses and doctor couldn't believe it. I think it's safe to say her Poke genes are starting to show through.


Mitch's paternity leave is getting extended due to Congress's lack of a budget. Dumbasses. I guess if he has to be off work, this is the perfect time to do it. I wasn't quite sure I was ready to go it alone, although I know both Gramas are ready and willing to help! It'll be great to have him home another week. But let's hope that's it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still like Gumdrop...which was vetoed in place of Gizmo. But you could go with "Gadget" keeping in line with a Gizmo theme.
And yeah!!! Mitch does not get to be furloughed!!!

Aunt Cathy said...

I was thinking Gadget too. And I'm glad Mitch isn't furloughed too. Nic was on 3 day a month furlough for his first year with State of CA. Because of an inmates medical lawsuit the medical department at Fulsom (where Nic worked at the time) they HAD to work but didn't get paid for it. They got vacation days instead.

Anonymous said...

Pa Poke says Thanks. Sorry I missed the first wagon ride.

The Mrs. said...

Looks like you're making the adjustment to two just fine. Gizmo looks like a movie star riding in her wagon, and Gen is changing already!