Because Congress got things figured out (and I use that phrase loosely in this case), Mitch's paternity leave ends today. For the last two weeks, he and I have been a team in figuring out how to make our family of three work as a family of four. We've had our good days, a few bad days, and more laughs than I can remember. We've done night feedings together and encouraged each other when things with Gizmo became difficult. We've had plenty of wonderful moments where our new family has sat together to play and laugh. We've shed some tears of frustration.
I have had more fun than I can remember in the last two weeks. Of course, they have been difficult and sleep-deprived, but I have enjoyed every moment of it. I am incredibly sad that this time as a new family is over and my partner will not be here to help me, but I know that it is necessary so that we can, you know, pay the mortgage.
Mitch, I love you, and I am so glad that we have created this beautiful family together.
1 comment:
This is beautiful. There is nothing like looking around at the life that you have created with your very best friend and feel nothing but contentment.
Post a Comment