Everyone can relate everything to a song. Movies do a great job of it. Who doesn't hear Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" and think of Top Gun? How about "Old Time Rock and Roll"? Of course, Risky Business. I know I'm naming a lot of Tom Cruise movies right now, but how about The Karate Kid and "Cruel Summer", or even "Strangle Hold" and Dazed and Confused?
I then got to thinking of those songs that trigger memories or time periods. Here are a few I came up with today:
- "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" - I used to ride the basketball bus with my friend Meredith, and we would listen to this song on our Walkman.
- "Heart of Rock and Roll" by Huey Lewis and the News - my friend Jill and I used to make up baton routines and dance around on her front porch to this song.
- Sublime's "What I Got" - freshman year of college. Man, did we crank the volume on that!
- Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back" can bring back all sorts of memories, from my cousin Poke's impromptu rapping to Mitch's not-s0-finest moments......
- Meatloaf's "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" - high school dances. And my bachelorette party.
- "I Will Survive" - my friend Jill singing at her sister's wedding while standing on a speaker. (Music certainly helps me remember her a lot!)
- "Lean On Me" - church camp circa 1995.
4 comments:
Wow, memories. First off, yes Family ties episode with Alex and his girlfriend at a school dance. She ran out and left him there on the dance floor. Next scene she's at a train station leaving to go home in another state. The actress (Tracy Pullman) was leaving the show. This was her final scene. Saying goodbye to Alex. She then in real life MARRIED Michael J Fox. They are still together. Anyway....
the only song I can think of at 7 am is Johnny Be Good in Back to the Future.
There are way too many to list but here are a few...
9 to 5 - Duh, obviously Winnie and any wedding reception/bachelorette party circa 2002 and beyond.
Life is a Highway - My friend, Devon, replicating the singer's dance moves in the video in our living room.
Crazy in Love - The General breaking out in his finest Beyonce booty popping moves at a friend's wedding reception.
You Can Call Me Al - Driving along Rt. 47 from the Brickhouse to Ebbey's with Steph & Adam.
Funky Cold Medina - Boating song!
I Will Survive - I have the exact same memory, Tina! One of the finest wedding reception moments of all time.
I could go on and on, but I just need to say this: seeing the word "neat" in your post title made my heart soar.
Where is One Little Candle?
Auntie M
AuntieM, i was thinking the same thing.....found their music from it in a box of stuff while moving
Post a Comment