Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Month's Worth of Blogs Wrapped Into One

I've been terrible about blogging. Really, I know it. Lately, I've just been so busy doing stuff (and stuff that isn't even interesting, I'll have you know), and by the time I sit down at night I'm falling asleep on the couch. Ah, the first trimester tired stage. Anyway, I'm trying to make up for it tonight with a major blog about what's been going on, little things that I think are funny, and other random stuff.

*I grew everything in this picture but the onions in my garden. It was damn good.



*Gizmo sprouted another tooth this week - one of her front teeth! She no longer has a completely crooked smile. It looks like the other front tooth is not too far behind. I give the girl credit - she never really fusses when a tooth is coming in. What a pleasant little girl!

What is not pleasant? Her cold. Poor thing has had a runny nose (that I gave to her) for about a week. She's been a trooper, still playing and happy, and really sleeping well, but that poor nose just won't stop. Let's hope we can get rid of that soon!


*These are my friends Dorf and Cin - they are some of the best friends I made when working at MCHS, and have kept in touch throughout the years. Dorf got married last month, and Cin and I were there to celebrate his very big day. Why post this? Because this wedding was by far the sweetest one I have ever been to. It might even be better than Mitch's and my wedding. Dorf and his wife, Lisa, are in their mid-thirties, and had waited for a long time to find the right "one". They were so completely happy and in love, sincere and confident in their vows, and I weeped openly when they talked about how special each one was to the other during their reception speeches. The most beautiful wedding I have ever been to.



*Gizmo and I spent a couple of days at the park as we closed out summer. Mitch joined us one morning. We had a great time. Gizmo just loves to walk around the playground, swing, and eat rocks. I love to chase her, pick her up when she falls, and grab her hand every time she even thinks about sticking playground rocks in her mouth. What she doesn't love to do? Go down the slide. Not even with Daddy.








*Gizmo is my kid. She loves Dairy Queen ice cream. When she can't get the real thing (it's rare that she gets it), she loves to play with my pretend ice cream cones. Don't try to take it away from her though - she'll give you the stinkeye for sure.


*Fall is here! The weather has been so cool and beautiful at night. I'd love to sit outside if it weren't for so many damn mosquitoes. I'd also love to sit outside if I could enjoy a beautiful Oktoberfest, but alas, I can't. Therefore, I sit in the house and complain that I can't go outside. What I did do today, though, is get out my beloved Student Council sweatshirt.

Now, this thing is OLD. This sweatshirt is from the first or second year that I was teaching at MCHS. It's a gray hoodie sweatshirt with Gizmo (the actual character from Gremlins, not my cutie pie!) holding a bow and arrow and a MCHS bandana on his head. It is ridiculous, old, and falling apart. But I can't stop wearing it. I think if Mitch could throw one thing away in my wardrobe, this would be it. Fall is here when I break that thing out to wear in the mornings.


*Gizmo is a movin' and a' shakin' for sure! She loves to dance and hum the songs. Tonight she was even dancing with the TV remote control. Here's a few of her moves -


*Summer is ending.  Which means I go back to work on Tuesday.  Blah.  I've had a busy, but fun summer, and while I was nervous about being a stay-at-home mommy, I'm sad to leave Gizmo this week.  It will be a rough transition until next summer - or the next maternity leave, at least!

1 comment:

TubaLady said...

Some random thoughts about your post -

Shake a hand, G! She practically has the Single Ladies dance going!!! :)

I hope Sven (or whatever you are calling #2) is doing well! Missing some seasonal beverages is worth it.... I can't wait for March!

Mitch SO looks like a dad in the slide picture. Unbelievable - it boggles my mind that we have all grown up into adulthood so quickly. :)

Love and miss you tons!!!