Sunday, August 5, 2012

Now There are Three

Late Friday night Kim and Sarah gave me another niece, my parents another beautiful granddaughter, and our family another reason to love.


Reagan Louise Pokarney was born at 10:28pm.  Despite her and her doctor's best efforts, Kim was just not progressing in her labor and they performed a c-section to bring Reagan into the world.  She is not a petite thing, weighing in at 9 pounds and 7 ounces, and was 19.75 inches tall.  When I talked to Kim in the very early hours of Saturday morning, she just sounded exhausted, but everyone is doing well.  Reagan is already a thumb-sucker (is anyone surprised? Kim was a devoted thumb-sucker), and is eating and sleeping well.  

She could not be more beautiful and perfect.  I am so proud of Kim and Sarah.  They will make a great parenting team.  I look forward to the end of October when I can go down and meet my newest niece!

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

She is simply perfect. Those kissable cheeks are killing me with each new picture posted. Congratulations, Kim and Sarah. Let the fun begin!

Anonymous said...

What a beauty!! She looks so peaceful sleeping...not a care in the world!!! That's how life should be!!