Thursday, April 5, 2012

SPRING BREAK! Thursday

After a fairly uneventful Wednesday (a trip to the doctor for Gonzo and a few hours at work for mommy do not a fun day make), we were ready for our great adventure of the week. Auntie Al and Mr. Fix-It got Gonzo a family membership to the Children's Museum for her birthday, and it could not have been a better gift for two active little girls. Aunt Katie joined us for the trip, and brought her camera along to capture the morning. (Thank goodness Aunt Katie is better about remembering her camera than I am. She takes better pictures on her fancy new camera, anyway. If I could hire her to follow me and the girls around and just take pictures, I would. She wouldn't mind, as long as I paid well and offered benefits, I'm sure.)

Gizmo was true to her personality today, taking things in quietly and timidly, almost afraid to explore and interrupt other kids' fun. She did, however, have fun walking on the over/under circle,


hopping on one foot,


playing with turtles and blocks (in a room that was enclosed and quieter than the rest of the museum - this is where we spent most of our time this morning)


painting our own face (and Aunt Katie had some face paint, too - I wonder what the office thought of that when she returned to work!)


pressing pennies into discs, then adding different textures,


and building model train cars.


Gonzo got to enjoy her gift, too - she had a great time walking around in the blocks room and trying to climb this incline, which she was unsuccessful in doing. There were tears at the end, but she was easily distracted.


The poor kid was a trooper, since she had a runny nose and was well overdue for her nap when we left.


Today, as I was working in the house and enjoying the quiet when the girls were napping this afternoon, I, for a brief moment, wished I could be a stay-at-home mom so that the girls and I could have this type of fun all the time. Because we did have fun this morning.


The icing on the cake? Meeting Daddy for lunch at one of Gizmo's favorite restaurants, since Mitch's building is adjacent to the Children's Museum.


Life is good when McDonald's is the highlight of the day!

No comments: