Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Random Thoughts and Pictures

A couple of weekends ago, Mitch and I devoted some time to working in the yard. It's this time of year - leaf-dropping time - that we begin to curse our choice in house. (Who wanted to live in an older neighborhood with mature trees, anyway?)

I think the girls had a pretty good time in the leaves, even though Gizmo had to share with Gonzo -





It was the perfect fall day that Saturday. The only thing that would have made it better would have been an Illini win.

****************************
The next day, all hell broke loose in the house. Mitch contracted a pretty nasty virus and was out of work for a few days while I worked crazy hours due to conference week. The best part was that the girls avoided the virus.

****************************
I had a few days of work for the state's educational convention (which I did not have to go to), so I was able to stay home and hang out with the girls. We had a great time!


*********************************
Tonight, I watched Gizmo inhale a piece of lasagna. It was the kind of no-breathing, no-chewing, can't look up, use both hands type of eating. I was completely impressed. And I come from a long line of fast eaters, especially when it comes to lasagna.

*********************************
Gonzo is seven months old. Where has the time gone? She is sporting two new teeth, and could not be cuter, although I noticed that she's starting to look a little bit like a linebacker. A cute linebacker, though.

*********************************
When I was pregnant with Gizmo, I was telling a colleague how ready I was to go home for the day to relax. My colleague, who has two teenage children, just laughed at me. He told me that for him, being at work was relaxing, and that going home was when the real work started. I remember thinking, "How could that be true?"

Now I laugh every time I think about that day, because he could not have been more right.

1 comment:

Aunt Cathy said...

In the first picture of the girls Gizmo looks so much like you. And as for Gonzo's linebacker weight. She's bulking up so she can be more competitive when wrestling Gizmo. But she's still adorable, just more of her to cuddle and love. Sure am sad that I couldn't help out the end of November. :( Next time. :)