Here's what's new -
Gonzo has been growing like a weed. Her Snooki poof of hair is starting to calm down, but she is developing a serious bald spot on the back of her head. Luckily, her hair is long enough to cover it up. She is getting her first haircut tomorrow. She's also sitting up like the big six-month-old that she is. And by big, I mean big. She is in the 95th percentile for her weight. Gonzo loves her some rice cereal! Just last week Gonzo's first bottom tooth broke through, and the second tooth will be through before the end of the day tomorrow. She is, by far, the happiest baby I've ever encountered. Gonzo's favorite thing to do is to watch her big sister, and anytime Gizmo flashes a smile Gonzo's way, she lights up in a way that makes my heart soar. She is in one word - adorable.

Mitch and I made a whirlwind trip to Illinois last weekend to celebrate Homecoming at the University of Illinois.

We had not been on campus in four years, and while a lot has changed, there were a few things that still stayed the same.
Still the same - Mitch and I have a great time together. Man, was it nice to get away!
Different - we are not as young as we used to be. Staying up until 3am, then getting up early to go to the game means that we go to bed by 10:00 on a Saturday night. I think we are both still paying for the trip.

Different - the stadium. The renovations look fantastic! Also different - the team inside the stadium. The Illini are 6-0. Are you kidding me? We saw a great game against Northwestern, although the Illini tried their best to lose it.

Still the same - the squirrels on the quad are as brave as ever. Seriously, I was so close to one I could have petted it. (I know that seriously grosses you out, Mrs.)
Still the same - I love drinking beer at Murphy's. I mean love.

Different - the Marching Illini have a new director, who is doing a great job. Also different - my former MCHS students are all grown up! Several of them march at Illinois, and I was fortunate to catch up with a few of them after the game. I am beyond proud of them.

Today we went to Stillwater to the apple orchard. It was a beautiful day, and Gizmo was worn out from all of the activities. She rode the "Honeycrisp Express", and while she was excited at first, as soon as it started to move she began to cry. I walked alongside, holding her hand.

(Side note - while I don't mind paying the $2 for my kid to ride in a barrel behind a tractor, these people must be making money hand over fist with this racket!)
Gizmo also had a great time in the tractor area - her first experience in riding on a John Deere toy tractor! She had fun trying to chase Lil' Missy, although she quickly realized that she was far too fast for her.


I am loaded up with apples and am looking forward to making apple crisp, apple salad, apple sauce, apple pie, apple scones, and everything apple.
Until next time.....
1 comment:
thanks for the update! they are growing before our eyes! bet she got all tingly on that john deere bike!
Post a Comment