Saturday, August 21, 2010

Guess Who Has Ultrasound Pictures?!

Not me.

I had an ultrasound scheduled for Friday afternoon, just to check to make sure all is well with Baby #2. 

(Side note - we need a new in utero name for Baby #2.  Any suggestions?)

I dropped Gizmo off at Grama's and headed to my appointment.  As I was driving, I realized I had plenty of time to drive the 25 minutes to the doctor's office, and so wasn't mad when I got into the slow, left lane of traffic.  A car in the center lane had its blinker on to get in front of me, and I kindly let the car in, thinking to myself, "Self, how nice of you to let that car in.  Usually you would speed up because you are in a hurry 24/7 and can't let people in.  How nice!"

Then he stopped, fairly abruptly.  

And I stopped.

And the cars behind me, well, their reaction time isn't quite as good as mine.  And I was rear-ended.

It was a three-car pileup, my car being the first of three.  The third driver was the asshole not paying attention who rammed the Saturn in front of her, and then she hit me.  Thankfully, no one was hurt, and Gizmo was not in the car with me.  My car sustained minimal damage, just some scrapes on the bumper.  But I missed my appointment.  And we created one heck of a traffic jam, as we were on one of the busiest stretches of road in the town.

The worst part of the entire thing?  Having to go to the bathroom while I waited for the police to finish up, as I had dutifully drank my 28 ounces of clear liquids one hour before my ultrasound.  Those pictures would have been fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay....Happy Birthday to Gizzmo....Can't wait to see the celebration pictures. Auntie M