Gizmo was born over four months ago. It's time to officially retire all of my maternity pants.
It's time to face reality - my middle is large, my ass sticks out too far, and my thunder thighs have got to go. My chins have multiplied over the years. And I can't ignore my backfat anymore.
Breast-feeding didn't burn off all of my baby weight, and so I have an extra 15 pounds on my frame that was already overloaded before I got pregnant.
No longer can I justify eating tons of sweets, baked goods, chips, and second helpings. It was fun while it lasted, but it's over.
I can't keep getting dressed in the morning and hate the way my clothes fit. I don't feel good about myself. I'd like to feel confident without the aid of Spanx.
Nothing will change unless I do it myself.
It's Time.
Therefore, I am publicly announcing the start of my diet and exercise program to get into shape. Yes, this is mostly about vanity and wanting to look good, but I want to be able to feel good, not run out of energy, and be healthy for my family.
I want to be able to rock a bikini again. (It's been a LONG time.))
I want my clothes to fit. I would even like the boxes of clothes that I have "because they'll fit someday" to fit.
I want Mitch and Gizmo to have a wife and mom they can be proud of.
If you see me with a muffin or a Twinkie, please don't hesitate to say, "Hey fatass, do you really need to eat that?" Because I'm going to need all the help I can get.
By the way, if there are any moms who can offer advice on how in the hell to squeeze a workout into my already-overloaded schedule, I'd appreciate it.
It's Time. Let's do it.
3 comments:
Tina - You can do it! I have found that the Reebok ball and some SPRI Flatbands (http://www.spri.com/ItemGroup.aspx?ItemGroupID=245&CategoryID=24&ItemGroupTypeID=1) have helped me trim up my abs and butt from the comfort of my living room! Check out the bands (much cheaper than in stores) and let me know what you think! I love them!
I'm with you! Recommittment to a healthier me starts today.
For me the shorter the workout the better. The longer the workout the easier I am to talk myself out of it for a variety of reasons. I have found that even in my busiest days I can squeeze in a 20 minute workout. Some of my favorites: Core Secrets with Gunner Peterson and any of the Biggest Loser DVDs. Jillian Michaels also has the 30 Day Shred, and I'll be the first to admit I haven't made it past the first phase. Mix it up, make sure you add some weight training for maximum benefits, and take it one day at a time. Sometimes just putting on my workout clothes right when I get home helps with motiviation, and the best way for me to make sure I get in that workout is to do it right after I put the girls to bed and before I get sidetracked by something else.
It's difficult to find time for yourself in an already insanely busy life, but remember this: happy mommy, happy home. Make time for yourself - you deserve it. The dishes can wait. :)
good luck! iknow you can do it!! don't try to starve yourself...that just makes you crazy and give up....start by eating smaller portions and chewing longer, excluding the desserts of course...dad eats raisens for snacks..seems to help him i know you can do anything you put your mind too!!!!
Post a Comment