Thursday, November 1, 2012

We're Off to Trick or Treat

I first asked Gizmo what she wanted to be for Halloween in August.  At the time, she was just starting to watch "The Wizard of Oz", and she said without hesitation, "I want to be Dorothy!".  I figured that by the next day she would change her mind, but she never wavered on her Dorothy decision.  It was official when Grama Poke was enlisted to make the costume.  Grama JG got the rest of the must-have accessories - Toto with basket, blue hair ribbons and socks, and of course, ruby slippers.  (Big props, by the way, to both Gramas for taking care of the whole thing!)

She made one adorable Dorothy, if I do say so myself.


Gonzo, on the other hand, had no interest whatsoever in wearing any sort of costume.  Gizmo deemed her worthy of dressing as the Cowardly Lion, and I had found a cute costume at Target, and then borrowed another lion costume from a friend at work.  The night before Halloween, I tried one of them on, and Gonzo cried the entire time.  We even tried to have her wear Nemo, the cute costume Gizmo had sported a few years ago, but she cried, "No Nemo!", and so we took that off, too.  She was happy enough to hold Elmo and pass out candy.  So much for coordinated costuming.


Maybe next year, Gonzo!

No comments: