Gizmo has started going to a tumbling class this fall through our district's community education. For the last several weeks, she has met with several other 3-5 year-olds to move between five different stations: trampoline, tumble track, balance beam, high bar, and wedge mat for rolling. The first week she spent running between her group and me, but that has significantly improved with bribery of Dairy Queen for the first class she stays with her group the entire time. (We have yet to have DQ, by the way.)
Every class they warm up....
And then get into small groups to move through the apparatuses. While she waits, Gizmo keeps busy by digging in her nose.....
.....here's another close-up......
And then does her best. (And by best, I mean go as fast as she possibly can, even pushing kids out of the way as she goes.)
Oh, Gizmo. I fear you might have your parents' abilities in athletics. Lord help you.
2 comments:
First of all, I've never seen ANYONE look more adorable in spandex. Really it doesn't matter how good you are at something. What's really important is if you look good doing it.
Secondly, fine, maybe she won't be athletic. But I can guaran-damn-tee she was probably singing that song with precise lyrics and in near pitch perfect.
I miss you!
For a 3 year old, i think she did great!!! It is hard enough to keep your balance on a trampoline when you are the only one on it. Add an adult and it's even harder. Keep up the good work Giana. Tumbling class looks like fun.
Post a Comment