What happens at school today? A real tornado warning, complete with sirens and 700+ students in the hallway in the tuck-and-cover position for twenty minutes.
Seriously?!?!
There were some very isolated severe storms this morning, and the community I teach in had some nasty rain, hail, and winds. No tornadoes actually touched down (or were even seen, I don't think), but they wanted us to take cover because of the hail.
Two emergency situations in two days. Who knows what tomorrow will bring....but I'm wearing flame-retardant clothing, just in case.
1 comment:
Your days are WAY more exciting than mine. I think that's probably a good thing. I had no doubts that you would remain calm in that kind of situation, but what astounds me is how you kept 26 kindergarteners calm for 30 minutes. I can't even do that with my ONE kindergartener unless I have an iDevice on hand. Proud of you, Mrs. M.
Post a Comment